CREEPY EARLY AUTUMN FOG !!!

I travelled back to my parents' house today to spend a week with them. Normally I live in Norfolk (near the city of Norwich) in the UK, but my parents live near a town called Mansfield near Nottingham (Robin Hood country). We've had a long hot summer in Norfolk this year (probably the warmest we've had for about 4 or 5 years) and when I left there this morning the weather was still pretty Summery.

As soon as I got further North though this weird fog seemed to descend over everything. Apparently it's been like this off and on for a few weeks. I went out to the local pub just down the road from my parents' house and the fog just grew thicker and creepier as the evening went on.

These photos where taken as I was walking back to my Mum and Dad's house. Needless to say there was a great atmosphere tonight and I now really feel like Autumn has properly begun. I watched a weird Italian horror film called Murder Mansion when I got in. It had a suitably creepy foggy atmosphere but also had a completely batshit insane and totally incomprehensible plot (although this may have been partly due to the bottle of red wine I drank down the pub - it's crazy - red wine used to be something that only posh people drank - these days it's cheaper to buy a bottle of house red than it is to buy a couple of beers. I'm guessing some people would refer to this as "progress").

Anyway, enjoy these spooky photos. After tonight I'm DEFINITELY in full on Autumn/Spooky season mode.














Comments

Popular Posts